Boni•Maddison Architects offers full consulting services, from predesign to post occupancy. Over the years we have gained experience in a wide range and variety of project types. Using the links below, browse the different building categories for a glimpse of representative projects in our different areas of specialization.
Non Profit Housing
- We have considerable experience in the design and delivery of non-profit housing. Non-profit housing includes all types of residential projects excluding market housing. Working together with non-profit societies and funding agencies, such as the provincial government, we have designed and delivered multi-family townhouses and multi-unit apartment type projects throughout B.C. These have included integrated group homes, transitional and second stage housing projects, as well as supported seniors and assisted living housing developments.
- Rhoda Kaelis
- Friendship Lodge
- Eagles Nest
- Liberty Place / Freedom Place
Special Needs Housing
- We work closely with non-profit societies and government ministries who provide and operate housing alternatives such as emergency shelters, short-stay treatment facilities, and group homes for residents with special needs. By designing new facilities and renovating existing houses we can accommodate very specific functional demands. As an area of specialization, we have become fluent with not only the specific architectural design issues but also the elaborate funding and licensing requirements.
- North Shore Recovery Homes
- Neville House
- In recent years modular factory-built housing has expanded from work camp buildings to all types of residential projects. Originally built as singular modules connected as single storey buildings, recent applications include multi-unit, multi-storey buildings. Boni•Maddison has developed a unique expertise working with modular builders to provide design services for residential and hospitality projects. Modular construction offers advantages in factory precision and delivery schedule.
- Tla-O-Qui-Aht First Nations Container Housing
- Rapid Response Temporary Modular Buildings
- Custom residential design can be both the most demanding and most rewarding of architectural project types. Understanding, analyzing and synthesizing the clients needs and wishes is a serious and personal service requiring tact and discretion. Using well developed communication skills, we have been able to design and deliver custom housing which has satisfied all of our clients various desires.
- Galiano House
- Mathers Avenue
- Since our experience working as Architects for Expo86 in Vancouver, we've acquired considerable experience in the field of Museum/Science Centre and exhibit related projects. Working together with exhibit designers and other specialized consultants, we have designed and renovated historically significant, unique and distinctive buildings to house varied and interesting exhibit storey lines.
- Capilano Library
- Exploration Place
- White Rock Museum & Archive
- Fraser River Discovery Centre
- Community History Centre
- We’ve developed strong working relationships with property managers and property management companies who rely on us to provide them with full consulting services for commercial/office/retail projects. These projects vary in size and complexity ranging from small scale tenant improvements projects to larger renovations and new developments.
- Treasure Cove Prestige Hotel
- Beyond Bread
- Pacific Rim Shopping Centre